Wednesday, March 27, 2013

spring playlist for yoga + meditation + relaxing

Due to my new found love of yoga, I have compiled a few songs that I most enjoy preforming my practice to.  In my practice, I look for tranquil songs that make me feel something.  If you are not a yoga enthusiast, these songs are  also geared toward relaxation, sleeping and stress relief.  

First, these songs are meant for a more fast paced yoga, or flow. More work-out based yoga practices include ashtanga, bikram and power yoga.  


These next songs tend to have little to no vocals, focusing on instrumental and natural sounds.  They are meant for practicing slower yoga, pranayama, asana, and meditation. 


After my practice I like to continue my feelings of relaxation, joy and accomplishment.  Being a huge fan of reggae and similar tunes, these feelgood songs are what I listen to prior to my practice. 


I will be adding new posts with songs and playlists at random from now on.  Do you love or loathe these tunes? Any requests or comments are welcome! 

namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment