Sunday, March 17, 2013

yummy + healthy granola bars


Makes 20+ bars. I whipped up a batch of these bars last night, and I must say, they actually agree with my taste buds more than I anticipated.  I created this easy recipe to be packed with flavor, nutrition and energy.  Some of my favorite foods are in here: dates, pepitas and chai seeds.  I recommend the medijool dates because they are more nutritious than other dates and are packed with potassium, dietary fiber and dismissive quantities of calories, fat, cholesterol and sodium. Pepitas are the seeds of pumpkins, but taste like sunflower seeds. They contain a wealth of essential amino acids, minerals and vitamins and are known to increase energy and liver and prostate health.  Chai seeds are a dieter's dream, cutting cravings and making you feel full longer without the extra calories.  Anti-aging and antioxidant properties are also a benefit of this tiny seed.  The last ingredient I'll tell you about is tahini, the health nut's version of peanut butter.  Don't be fooled, tahini in no way tastes as good as peanut butter, but the heart, muscle and bone benefits are through the roof.  I really recommend these as a super healthy breakfast bar or on-the-go snack. If you make these, let me know what you think! Also, this makes for a great pin on Pinterest.

namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment