Saturday, March 16, 2013

simplicity


I'll start with this graphic illustrating a quote from Yvon Chouinard, the co-founder of Black Diamond and  Patagonia Clothing Company. Chouinard will be written about a lot more in the future considering he is one of my idols.  I first met this man through the inspiring documentary 180° South, which will also be talked about very soon (check it out on Netflix!). As an extreme climber, environmentalist, published writer and outdoor industry businessman, it is easy to see why I respect this man and his wisdom so furiously.  The more you know, the less you need, he says.  This phrase is something that will continuously be at the back of my mind as I compile this blog.  The idea of simplicity is something I am trying to make a value of mine and will be a main theme of this blog. I have posted this graphic to get you thinking about what changes you would like to make in your life and what values and beliefs you posses as of now.  Think on that today. Also, let's get one thing straight: I am in NO way close to where I want to be as a person.  Instead, I am just starting, just taking my first steps to becoming that person. I would love for you to take those steps with me. 

namaste 

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll do well and help many others. I enjoyed your choice to open with simplicity. Seth

    ReplyDelete