Monday, March 25, 2013

backpacking: a blossoming addiction


I made it out alive! Not only that, I made it out with a new experience, one I will never forget.  As I have just arrived home today, I am exhausted, so this post will be just a preview of posts to follow.  Moab was absolutely breathtaking, almost overwhelmingly.  The pictures do not do it justice.  This one is of me meditating after a six-mile hike to the first campsite.  I stayed in the Needles area of the Canyonlands, renowned for its backpacking opportunities.  I hiked a total of fourteen and half miles over three days and stayed at two different campsites.  Later I will write more about the equipment I used, like my “vintage” backpack and  my new MSR Pocket Rocket stove.  Also, I will talk about backpacker issues like cryptobiotic soil, water and meals for your journey.  Many more pictures will be up soon.  What you should take from this post is that my backpacking trip to Moab was incredible, magical and taught me a few things, and that there will be several more photos and posts about the wonders of backpacking.  Let me know if you have any specific questions or topics you would like me to cover. I can’t wait to tell you more!


namaste   

No comments:

Post a Comment