Wednesday, March 20, 2013

roasted veggie + quinoa


The perfect blend of vegetables has been discovered with this filing and highly nutritious meal.  I have created this recipe for the nutritious food lover, not a health psycho. As you can see, it has potatoes and salt, so it is not 100 percent perfect for you.  However, the medley of vegetables sans potatoes would not be as good in my opinion.  I also took the liberty of adding teriyaki marinated chicken to this dish to make it especially yummy and something even kids will eat.  My favorite veggie in this dish is surprisingly the squash (I used an acorn squash).  Roasting the squash really brought out the best of its flavors.  My least favorite was the zucchini, but I'm not a huge fan of that particular veggie. I highly recommend toasting the quinoa first (directions for this should be on the packaging).  Overall, this made for an easy, healthy and edible dinner, which is always my goal when cooking.  If you want to make this dish even healthier, take out the potatoes and do not add chicken.  Play around with this recipe, and make it fit for you and your lifestyle.  Let me know what you think!

namaste  

No comments:

Post a Comment